Three Steps to Cheaper Pontiac Torrent Insurance
If shopping for auto insurance was more enjoyable, it would get done more often. But in reality, the cost for insurance always seems too high and most people would prefer to get a root canal. Finding good insurance for your Pontiac Torrent probably leaves you feeling the same way.
Step One: Compare Rates
The antiquated method of shopping for car insurance included a high pressure visit to the office of your local insurance agent. Now that we have the internet, shopping for car insurance online is a snap!
Getting online rate quotes for a Pontiac Torrent from all the major insurance companies is very easy and only requires you to enter your information once.
Start a free rate quote comparison now by clicking the link below. Once you complete the short form, you'll be able to compare rates and then move on to our next section on how to lower rates even further.
Apples-to-Apples! When doing comparison quotes for your Torrent, it's very important that you use the same liability limits and physical damage deductibles on each quote. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rates.
Step Two: Top Ways to Get Lower Torrent Insurance
Now that you have several rates to compare (since you did compare rates above, right?), we will now show you some additional ways you can lower your Torrent insurance rates.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- Insurance companies often give discounts to senior citizens and professional organizations, so if you're one of those, check to see if you qualify.
- Drivers often have a false sense of safety when driving an SUV, and this results in more accidents in adverse weather conditions. Unfortunately every SUV owner pays higher insurance rates because of this.
- If you have any teenage drivers in your household, expect to fork out quite a bit more for insurance. Rating them on a low profile vehicle with liability only coverage is the best way to save money.
- Try to maintain a claim-free discount on your car insurance policy. Obviously you can't prevent large claims, but if they are smaller and you can afford to pay them out-of-pocket, do so.
- How's your credit score? If it's good you will pay a lower rate than your poor credit counterparts. Work on improving weak credit and you will eventually see your car insurance bill go down.
- Bundling your auto and home insurance with the same company can often get you a discount, and just being a homeowner in itself will get you a lower rate.
- If you're willing to shoulder more of the cost at claim time, consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles. This can easily cut 30% or more from your policy premium.
- If your vehicle comes with safety features such as electronic stability control, head restraints, all-wheel drive or air bags, these all help keep insurance costs down by helping reduce accident injuries.
- Speeding not only costs you a fine, a single ticket will raise your car insurance rates for up to three years. Slow down and be a safe driver and you'll pay lower rates.
- If switching companies, always have the effective date of the new policy be identical to the expiration date on the old policy. This prevents a lapse in coverage and companies charge higher rates if you have any lapses.
- Vehicle thefts drive up the cost of everyone's insurance, but if your Torrent is on the list of the most frequently stolen cars, you might be paying just a little extra.
Step Three: Buy the Best Policy
Buying a new car insurance policy is just a matter of finalizing your application form and submitting it with your down payment. Once payment has been accepted, coverage is bound the effective date shown on your application.
Make sure to avoid any lapse in coverage by setting the new policy's effective date to be the same date you cancel your old policy. Otherwise you could be driving without any coverage.
Coverage will extend from your current policy if you're buying a Pontiac Torrent, but if you don't have a policy, you will need to make sure you have coverage in place before you drive it off the dealership lot. Be sure to have a new policy ready to go if you are buying a new Torrent. If you've never had car insurance or don't have a policy now, you won't have any protection on the vehicle until you add it to your policy.
The proof-of-insurance card that is required by state law to be carried in your vehicle can be printed out upon completion of your car insurance policy. An SR-22 filing may be required by your state's DMV if you've been convicted of a serious driving offense such as DUI, DWI or reckless driving. If this applies to you, make sure the car insurance company complies with the SR-22 requirement.
Car Insurance Resources
For more information on car insurance topics like the claims process, rental car insurance and how much coverage you need, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates