Get Cheaper Porsche 968 Insurance in Three Steps
If buying auto insurance was as easy as it sounds on TV commercials, we'd have no problem getting the lowest rates. But the premiums we pay always seem to be too high and most of use would rather get a tooth pulled. You probably feel the same way about finding lower cost coverage for your Porsche 968.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rate Quotes
If you haven't shopped for car insurance for awhile you might remember the days when the only option was to visit a local insurance agent. Thanks to the internet, insurance shopping is a whole lot easier!
All the major car insurance companies sell insurance for a Porsche 968 and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
Take the first step by clicking the link below. By answering a few questions you'll be able to compare rates quickly and easily.
Apples-to-Apples! When doing comparison quotes for your Porsche 968, it's very important that you use the same liability limits and physical damage deductibles on each quote. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rates.
Step Two: Tried and True Ways to Save on Porsche 968 Insurance
If you have completed step one above (if not, please complete that step first), then you are now ready to learn some ways to insure your Porsche 968 that will also lower the rate you pay irregardless of which company you choose.
- When insuring your Porsche 968, expect to pay a little more due to the higher performance of the vehicle. On your next purchase consider a lower performance vehicle to save on insurance.
- Check your credit rating each year and address any problem areas. Higher credit scores mean lower car insurance rates.
- The Porsche 968 would be considered a luxury vehicle, and repair costs are generally higher for more expensive vehicles. This increased cost is passed on to you through a higher insurance cost.
- Speeding tickets and other violations can negatively impact your insurance rates for up to three years. Get too many tickets and you'll be shopping for a new car insurance company.
- Due to the sporty nature of the Porsche 968, expect to pay a little more to insure it. Sport cars have higher rates than passenger vehicles due to the increased acceleration and tendancy of the drivers to use it.
- Owning a home takes financial responsibility, and car insurance companies will often give you a break just for being a homeowner.
- Teen drivers are expensive to insure and the only way to lower your rates is to rate them on an older vehicle with basic liability coverage.
- It's very important that you allows keep coverage effective on your vehicles. Having even a one-day lapse in coverage can make your premiums jump higher.
- Claims that aren't much more than your deductible are better off just being paid out of pocket. If you get into a habit of filing smaller claims, you will pay for it in higher rates.
- If your teen driver has completed a driver's education class in school, check to see if your insurance company offers any discounts for this.
- Most Porsche vehicles come with standard safety features such as air bags and passive restraints, and those will help keep your insurance costs down.
- With age comes cheaper rates! If you're a senior citizen, many car insurance companies will give you a discount. Also, if you belong to a professional organization, check to see if your company gives discounts to members.
- Auto theft is a big problem that costs us all money, but if your car is on the list of the most frequently stolen autos, you might be paying a little extra because of the temptation to thieves.
- If you carry full coverage on your vehicle, you can slash your rates by increasing your comprehensive and collision deductibles. You'll pay more out-of-pocket but you will save with every renewal.
Step Three: Select the Best Company for Your Needs
Knowing which company to insure your Porsche 968 with is more than just choosing the lowest rate. You also need to be ready to put a down payment on your policy and make sure you have all the proper coverages in place.
It's easiest to cancel an old policy at the renewal date, but you can cancel it anytime. Just make sure you have the new policy effective the date you cancel your old policy in order to avoid any lapse in coverage.
If you already have a car insurance policy, then your Porsche 968 will be covered as soon as your purchase it. If this is your first vehicle, you will want to make sure you have coverage in place as soon as your purchase it. Coverage that extends from an existing policy is only as good as your current coverage. So if you don't carry full coverage on any vehicles, you won't have it on your new Porsche 968.
Be sure to replace any old proof-of-insurance cards in your car. You must always have the current card in your vehicle as required by state law. If you have received a DUI, reckless driving citation or caused an accident without insurance, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state DMV. Make sure your new company is aware of the SR-22 filing requirement.
For more information on car insurance topics like the claims process, rental car insurance and how much coverage you need, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates