Rolls Royce Ghost Insurance for Tightwads
If buying car insurance was fun, we'd do it as a recreational sport. But the reality is, you probably don't enjoy it and you think it costs too much. Insuring your Rolls Royce Ghost is probably no exception.
Step One: Insurance Quotes
If you haven't shopped for car insurance for awhile you might remember the days when the only option was to visit a local insurance agent. Now you can compare rates and buy a policy online!
You can now shop all the best car insurance companies and compare rates for a Rolls Royce Ghost and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
Simply click the link below to start a quote that will compare rates from many companies and you may find a lower rate than you're currently paying.
Quoting Tip! The only way to compare rates from multiple companies is to use identical coverage amounts and deductibles on each quote. If you use different limits on quotes, you cannot accurately determine which company has the best rates for your Ghost.
Step Two: Insider Tips for Finding Cheaper Ghost Insurance
Once you have quotes in hand, you can then consider some of the other techniques for lowering your Ghost insurance rates.
- The Rolls Royce Ghost is a high performance vehicle. Insurance rates are higher on cars that offer larger engines, more horsepower or increased risk of accident or rollover.
- Each year make a habit of checking your credit score. If you find problems that may be dragging down your credit rating, address them immediately. This will result in significant savings on car insurance.
- The Ghost would be considered a luxury vehicle, and repair costs are generally higher for more expensive vehicles. This increased cost is passed on to you through a higher insurance cost.
- You can save money on your physical damage coverage (comprehensive and collision) by increasing your deductibles. Higher deductibles mean you are willing to pay more before the insurance company covers a claim.
- If you have tended to file small claims with your car insurance company in the past, you're most likely going to pay higher premiums in the future. Consider paying minor claims out-of-pocket instead of blemishing your claim history.
- Members of many professional organizations can receive discounts on car insurance, and if you're a senior citizen, that could earn you an additional discount.
- If you have a speeding ticket or other moving violation, you could be charged more for insurance. If you get a ticket, find out if your county or state offers a defensive driving course that will void the ticket upon completion.
- Consider taking a defensive driving course. You can often make up the cost of the course in as little as a single policy renewal.
- Letting your car insurance expire without having new coverage in place is called a "lapse" and will cause your next policy premiums to be higher.
- Most Rolls Royce vehicles come with standard safety features such as air bags and passive restraints, and those will help keep your insurance costs down.
- If your Ghost ranks on the list of vehicles that are frequently stolen, that can result in a higher rating class and a more expensive rate.
- If you're a young driver, you will pay more to insure a Ghost. There isn't anything you can do about your age, but rates will drop as you mature.
- Owning a home takes financial responsibility, and car insurance companies will often give you a break just for being a homeowner.
Step Three: Choose a Company and Bind Coverage
Now that you hopefully have several rates to compare and have made any changes needed to your individual coverages, you can choose the best company to insure your Ghost with.
The key thing to keep in mind when buying a new policy is you do not want your old policy to lapse. Make sure the effective date of the new policy is on or before the expiration date of your current policy.
If the Rolls Royce Ghost is a new purchase and you already have car insurance, then you will have some coverage that extends to the vehicle. But if you let your old policy lapse or have never had coverage, you don't have any protection once you buy the vehicle. Coverage that extends from an existing policy is only as good as your current coverage. So if you don't carry full coverage on any vehicles, you won't have it on your new Ghost.
Once you have purchased your policy, print out the insurance card that must go in your vehicle. This card fulfills the state law requiring you to prove financial responsibility. If you have received a DUI, reckless driving citation or caused an accident without insurance, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state DMV. Make sure your new company is aware of the SR-22 filing requirement.
To read more about topics such as how to file a claim, replacement auto parts and mistakes to avoid, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates