How to Insure a Saturn Aura like a Tightwad
If comparing car insurance was easy, most of us would do it more often. But the reality is, it's a chore for most people and we seem to always end up paying more than we want to. Finding insurance for your Saturn Aura that you can actually afford is probably no different.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rates
If it's been a few years since you shopped for car insurance, you might still think the only way to buy is from a local agent. Thanks to the internet, insurance shopping is a whole lot easier!
You can compare insurance rates for a Saturn Aura simply and quickly just by filling out one form. This allows you to quote the same coverages with multiple companies and pick the lowest rate.
Simply click the link below to enter your information. Once complete, you can compare the returned rates and make a decision on which policy to purchase.
Important Tip! In order to accurately compare rates for your Aura, it's critical that you use the same limits and deductibles for liability and physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. If you use different limits, you will not be able to accurately compare rates between carriers.
Step Two: How to Insure your Aura for Less
After completing step one above, you can now learn some of the other ways to slash your Aura insurance costs.
- Check your credit rating each year and address any problem areas. Higher credit scores mean lower car insurance rates.
- Successfully completing a driver's training class can help lower your rates if your insurance company offers that discount.
- When buying a new policy, you do not want a gap in coverage. This lapse is viewed by insurance companies as a high risk, and you will pay more for your next policy.
- Homeowners often see a break on their car insurance rates because there is a correlation between owning a home and being a responsible driver.
- Being a senior citizen can qualify you for a small discount on your insurance rates. Older drivers are generally more cautious so they get a lower rate.
- Before a comprehensive or collision claim is paid by your company, you have to pay a deductible first. The more you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be. Consider raising your deductibles to $500 or even $1,000.
- Teenage drivers can be very expensive to insure on newer vehicles will full coverage. You may be better off purchasing an older vehicle for your teenager and only insure it for liability.
- Speeding tickets and other violations can negatively impact your insurance rates for up to three years. Get too many tickets and you'll be shopping for a new car insurance company.
- Air bags, antilock brakes, traction control, and stability control all help lower the cost of insurance due to reducing the risk of injury in an accident.
- Filing small claims will get you into hot water with your insurance company. Frequent filers will often find themselves either paying higher rates or non-renewed at renewal time.
- If your Aura ranks on the list of vehicles that are frequently stolen, that can result in a higher rating class and a more expensive rate.
Step Three: Bind Coverage and Cancel your Old Policy
Once you have compared identical rate quotes for your Aura and made a decision on deductibles, coverages and other policy options, you are ready to buy your policy with the new company.
If you didn't have a prior policy, then you can make the new policy effective any time. But if you're moving bewteen companies and don't want a lapse in coverage, make sure the effective date of the new policy is exactly the same as the cancellation date of the old policy.
If you already have a car insurance policy, then your Saturn Aura will be covered as soon as your purchase it. If this is your first vehicle, you will want to make sure you have coverage in place as soon as your purchase it. If your current policy has any vehicle with full coverage (comprehensive and collision), then your new Aura will have that coverage extended to it. If you only have liability coverage on your policy, then you have no physical damage coverage on your new purchase.
At the end of buying your policy, you will be able to print out a new proof-of-insurance card to place in your vehicle. This card is required by law and must be produced if requested by law enforcement. If an SR-22 is required due to a reckless driving conviction, DUI or conviction of driving without insurance, make sure your new company is aware of that. Not filing a court-ordered SR-22 can result in suspension of your driver's license.
Additional Insurance Information
The Insurance Information Institute has a great resource of car insurance articles where you can learn more about coverages and money saving tips. Visit iii.org.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates