Three Steps to Paying Less for Saturn LS1 Insurance
If shopping your car insurance around was fun, we'd do it much more often. Unfortunately, it's not always as easy as it sounds to get the best rate. Finding affordable coverage for your Saturn LS1 probably is no different.
Step One: Insurance Rate Comparison Quotes
If you haven't shopped for car insurance for awhile you might remember the days when the only option was to visit a local insurance agent. But you can now comparison shop and buy direct online!
The best car insurance companies offer online quoting for a Saturn LS1 and it's very easy to compare different rates by only using one form.
To start saving, have your current policy handy and click the link below. Our short form makes it easy to enter your information and compare rates.
Use the Same Coverages! It's really important that when doing multiple quotes for your LS1 that you use identical coverages for liability, comprehensive and collision. If you use different values, it's impossible to determine which company has the lower rates.
Step Two: Tricks to Saving Money on LS1 Insurance
There are many contributing factors that determine what you pay to insure your Saturn. You can help yourself (and your wallet) by paying attention to the following rate factors.
- Car insurance disounts for senior citizens are often offered by companies as well as discounts for belonging to a professional organization.
- One of the easiest ways to cut your rates is to increase your comprehensive and collision deductibles. By having a higher deductible like $500 or even $1,000, you can save 30% or more on physical damage coverage.
- Car insurance rates for a teen driver on a Saturn LS1 will be expensive no matter what kind of coverage you have. But if you don't need comprehensive and collision, consider dropping those to save money.
- Speeding tickets and other violations can negatively impact your insurance rates for up to three years. Get too many tickets and you'll be shopping for a new car insurance company.
- The less chance of injury to passengers in an accident means lower insurance rates. Vehicles with safety features like side-impact airbags, head injury protection, antilock bracks and traction control generally will be cheaper to insure.
- A claim-free discount can help keep your rates down, so don't file claims that are only marginally more than your deductible. You're better off keeping the discount.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your LS1 is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
- If you have a high credit score, you will be rewarded with lower insurance rates. Conversely, if your credit rating is on the low site, your rates will be higher.
- If your city or county offers a driver's safety course, find out if your insurance company will give you a discount to complete it. It could save you up to 10%.
- It's very important that you allows keep coverage effective on your vehicles. Having even a one-day lapse in coverage can make your premiums jump higher.
- Renters will find they may be paying more for insurance as compared to homeowners. Owning a home can often get you a small discount on your car insurance.
Step Three: Buy the Policy That's Right for You
It's time to make a purchase decision based on your rate comparisions and and any policy coverage changes you wish to make. Once you are comfortable with the cost and coverages, you can finalize your purchase by paying your premium down payment.
If you're cancelling an old policy, make sure the new coverage starts the same day your old policy ends. This avoids any penalty for having a lapse in coverage which can cost you more.
Before you drive your Saturn LS1 home, make sure you have a current car insurance policy in force. Coverage will extend to the new purchase from your policy, but if you don't have a policy then you have no protection. Coverage that extends from an existing policy is only as good as your current coverage. So if you don't carry full coverage on any vehicles, you won't have it on your new LS1.
Once your new policy has been purchased, you are required to keep the proof-of-insurance card in your vehicle at all times. This is required by state law and you can receive a citation if you cannot provide it. If you have received a DUI, reckless driving citation or caused an accident without insurance, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state DMV. Make sure your new company is aware of the SR-22 filing requirement.
The Insurance Information Institute website has a great library of car insurance topics that cover claims, replacement parts, rental cars and more.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates