Insure a Saturn LS2 like a Penny Pincher
If finding cheaper car insurance was fun, we'd make the time to do it regularly. But more than likely, it's challenging for most people and we always end up paying more than we want. Buying insurance on your Saturn LS2 might leave you feeling the same way.
Step One: Compare Apples-to-Apples Quotes
If you haven't shopped for car insurance for awhile you might remember the days when the only option was to visit a local insurance agent. Times have changed!
Almost every car insurance company now offers online quotes, and you can actually get insurance quotes for a Saturn LS2 without even visiting their websites!
To find affordable coverage for your Saturn LS2, the first step is to click the link below and complete the short form.
Quoting Tip! The only way to compare rates from multiple companies is to use identical coverage amounts and deductibles on each quote. If you use different limits on quotes, you cannot accurately determine which company has the best rates for your LS2.
Step Two: How to Cut Costs on LS2 Insurance
There are many factors that actually determine what you will pay for insurance, and some are completely within your control.
- If you have a high credit score, you will be rewarded with lower insurance rates. Conversely, if your credit rating is on the low site, your rates will be higher.
- Consider using higher deductibles for physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. Higher deductibles save money since you're willing to pay more out-of-pocket at claim time.
- Filing too many claims with your company can end up either costing you more for insurance or having your policy cancelled. Insurance companies don't like paying any more than you do, but they have the option of whether to keep you as a policyholder or not.
- If you belong to a professional organization, check to see if that can earn you a discount. If you're over the age of 55, check to see if they have a senior citizen discount as well.
- If you think the only financial impact of a speeding ticket is a fine and court costs, think again. Insurance companies will raise your rates for up to three years for a single ticket.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- Allowing your insurance to lapse for any length of time will increase the cost of a new policy. Always keep coverage in force.
- Most Saturn vehicles come with standard safety features such as air bags and passive restraints, and those will help keep your insurance costs down.
- Vehicles that tend to get stolen or have high repair costs will cost you more to insure. If your LS2 falls into either category, it could cost you.
- Teen drivers are expensive to insure and the only way to lower your rates is to rate them on an older vehicle with basic liability coverage.
- Owning a home takes financial responsibility, and car insurance companies will often give you a break just for being a homeowner.
Step Three: Make an Informed Buying Decision
You've compared rates and hopefully looked over the coverages for each vehicle on your policy to make sure they're adequate. Now you can make the big decision on which company will best fulfill your needs.
On your new policy, double check that the effective date is the same as the date you are cancelling your old policy. This avoids any lapse in coverage which can cause an increase in your rates.
If this is a new policy with only the Saturn on it, be sure to have coverage before leaving the dealership or car lot. If you're adding it to an existing policy, you have anywhere from 15 to 30 days depending on the company. Coverage that extends from an existing policy is only as good as your current coverage. So if you don't carry full coverage on any vehicles, you won't have it on your new LS2.
Your insurance company will provide you with proof-of-insurance forms to keep in your vehicle. It's required by state law to carry at least the state minimum liability limits. If you have received a DUI, reckless driving citation or caused an accident without insurance, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state DMV. Make sure your new company is aware of the SR-22 filing requirement.
To read more about topics such as how to file a claim, replacement auto parts and mistakes to avoid, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates