Three Steps to Paying Less for Scion tC Insurance
If shopping your car insurance around was fun, we'd do it much more often. But most likely we pay more than we want to and don't really enjoy the buying process. Finding affordable coverage for your Scion tC probably is no different.
Step One: Insurance Rate Comparison Quotes
Up until about ten years ago, the only way to shop for car insurance was in the office of a local insurance agent where you'd get a hard sell into a policy. Thanks to the internet, insurance shopping is a whole lot easier!
You can now shop all the best car insurance companies and compare rates for a Scion tC and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
To find affordable coverage for your Scion tC, the first step is to click the link below and complete the short form.
Use the Same Coverages! It's really important that when doing multiple quotes for your tC that you use identical coverages for liability, comprehensive and collision. If you use different values, it's impossible to determine which company has the lower rates.
Step Two: How to Lower your tC Insurance Premium
There are many contributing factors that determine what you pay to insure your Scion. You can help yourself (and your wallet) by paying attention to the following rate factors.
- Check your credit rating each year and address any problem areas. Higher credit scores mean lower car insurance rates.
- Many insurance companies will give you a small discount if you've recently completed a driver's training course.
- If switching companies, always have the effective date of the new policy be identical to the expiration date on the old policy. This prevents a lapse in coverage and companies charge higher rates if you have any lapses.
- If you rent rather than own a home, you may be paying more for car insurance. Homeowners often get lower rates.
- Car insurance disounts for senior citizens are often offered by companies as well as discounts for belonging to a professional organization.
- Comprehensive and collision coverages make up the majority of your car insurance bill. If you raise your deductibles, you can will see significant savings with every policy renewal.
- Teenage drivers can be very expensive to insure on newer vehicles will full coverage. You may be better off purchasing an older vehicle for your teenager and only insure it for liability.
- Speeding not only costs you a fine, a single ticket will raise your car insurance rates for up to three years. Slow down and be a safe driver and you'll pay lower rates.
- Most Scion vehicles come with standard safety features such as air bags and passive restraints, and those will help keep your insurance costs down.
- A claim-free discount can help keep your rates down, so don't file claims that are only marginally more than your deductible. You're better off keeping the discount.
- Auto theft is a big problem that costs us all money, but if your car is on the list of the most frequently stolen autos, you might be paying a little extra because of the temptation to thieves.
Step Three: Buy the Policy That's Right for You
Choosing a new car insurance company is not easy. But hopefully you have a handful of quotes for your tC that will give you a good idea of how much it will cost, as well as some idea of any coverage changes you may want to make.
If you're cancelling an old policy, make sure the new coverage starts the same day your old policy ends. This avoids any penalty for having a lapse in coverage which can cost you more.
If you already have a car insurance policy, then your Scion tC will be covered as soon as your purchase it. If this is your first vehicle, you will want to make sure you have coverage in place as soon as your purchase it. When driving off the lot, you may have coverage that extends from your current policy. But it will only be equal to the most coverage you have on any vehicle. So if you only carry liability coverage, you won't be covered for full coverage until you specify it on your policy.
Once you have purchased your policy, print out the insurance card that must go in your vehicle. This card fulfills the state law requiring you to prove financial responsibility. High risk drivers may be required to submit an SR-22 with their state DMV's. If you have been convicted of reckless driving, DUI or had an uninsured accident, you may qualify. Make sure your new policy reflects the need for the SR-22 filing.
More Resources for Insurance Buying
The Insurance Information Institute website has a great library of car insurance topics that cover claims, replacement parts, rental cars and more.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates