How to Find Cheaper Suzuki SX4 Insurance
If buying auto insurance was as easy as it sounds on TV commercials, we'd have no problem getting the lowest rates. But the premiums we pay always seem to be too high and most of use would rather get a tooth pulled. Finding affordable coverage for your Suzuki SX4 probably is no different.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rate Quotes
In years past, the only way to purchase car insurance was to visit the office of a local agent. Now that we have the internet, shopping for car insurance online is a snap!
You can now shop all the best car insurance companies and compare rates for a Suzuki SX4 and you don't even have to visit each individual website!
Start a free rate quote comparison now by clicking the link below. Once you complete the short form, you'll be able to compare rates and then move on to our next section on how to lower rates even further.
Quote Tip! In order to accurately compare rates for your SX4, it's critical that you use the same limits and deductibles for liability and physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. If you use different limits, you will not be able to accurately compare rates between carriers.
Step Two: Tried and True Ways to Save on SX4 Insurance
If you have completed step one above (if not, please complete that step first), then you are now ready to learn some ways to insure your SX4 that will also lower the rate you pay irregardless of which company you choose.
- Auto theft is a big problem that costs us all money, but if your car is on the list of the most frequently stolen autos, you might be paying a little extra because of the temptation to thieves.
- Membership has it's privleges. If you're a member of a professional organization, check to see if your company offers discounts to its members. It can add up to 5% or more.
- Claims that aren't much more than your deductible are better off just being paid out of pocket. If you get into a habit of filing smaller claims, you will pay for it in higher rates.
- If you are a renter rather than a homeowner, you might pay a little more to insure your car. Owning a home takes financial repsonsibility and insurance companies reward those policy holders.
- The less chance of injury to passengers in an accident means lower insurance rates. Vehicles with safety features like side-impact airbags, head injury protection, antilock bracks and traction control generally will be cheaper to insure.
- Never allow one policy to expire without having a new policy effective the same date. This causes a lapse in coverage and if you don't have insurance for any length of time, your next policy will cost you more.
- If you think the only financial impact of a speeding ticket is a fine and court costs, think again. Insurance companies will raise your rates for up to three years for a single ticket.
- Ask your insurance company if there is a discount for completing a driver's safety course. It may get you up to a 10% discount at your next renewal.
- Youthful or teen drivers that are rated on any vehicle will cost more. The inexperience and tendancy to enjoy going fast is a recipe for an accident.
- One of the best ways to lower your insurance rates is to raise your credit score. Check your rating once a year and make sure to address any problem areas immediately.
- Higher deductibles save money. If you can afford to pay a larger portion of a comprehensive or collision claim, you will pay substantially less for those coverages if you increase your deductibles to $500 or even $1,000.
Step Three: Buy the Policy That's Right for You
Knowing which company to insure your SX4 with is more than just choosing the lowest rate. You also need to be ready to put a down payment on your policy and make sure you have all the proper coverages in place.
If you're cancelling an old policy, make sure the new coverage starts the same day your old policy ends. This avoids any penalty for having a lapse in coverage which can cost you more.
Coverage will extend from your current policy if you're buying a Suzuki SX4, but if you don't have a policy, you will need to make sure you have coverage in place before you drive it off the dealership lot. If you have a current policy and you only carry liability coverage, then that's the only coverage that will automatically extend to your SX4. But if you currently carry full coverage, comprehensive and collision coverage will extend to your new vehicle.
Once you have purchased your policy, print out the insurance card that must go in your vehicle. This card fulfills the state law requiring you to prove financial responsibility. If your state requires you to file an SR-22 for being a high-risk driver, make sure your new company is aware of this requirement. Failure to comply can result in loss of your driver's license.
More Insurance Buying Tips
To do more research on car insurance, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates