Step-by-step Guide to Cheaper Toyota Prius c Insurance
If buying car insurance was fun, we'd do it as a recreational sport. But the reality is, you probably don't enjoy it and you think it costs too much. You probably feel the same way when trying to find cheaper coverage for your Toyota Prius c.
Step One: Insurance Quotes
If you haven't priced insurance for awhile, you may still think that the only way to compare rates is to drive around town to multiple insurance offices and meet with an agent. Now that we have the internet, shopping for car insurance online is a snap!
The first step to finding lower Toyota Prius c rates is to get quotes from all the major car insurance companies. This is fast and easy and only requires you to complete one form.
To begin, click on the link below and complete the short form. It only takes a few minutes and it's helpful to have your current policy handy if you have one.
Insurance Quoting Tip! The only way to accurately compare rates bewteen different companies for your Prius c is to use identical coverage limits on all the quotes. If you use different liability limits and/or deductibles, you won't have an apples-to-apples rate comparison.
Step Two: Insider Tips for Finding Cheaper Prius c Insurance
Once you have quotes in hand, you can then consider some of the other techniques for lowering your Prius c insurance rates.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- If you're over the age of 55, check to see if you qualify for a senior citizen discount. Qualification age may vary by company
- If you're a young driver, you will pay more to insure a Prius c. There isn't anything you can do about your age, but rates will drop as you mature.
- Smaller claims that hardly exceed your deductible are better off not being filed with your insurance company. Policyholders with no claims enjoy lower rates than those who frequently file claims.
- Good credit will get you lower car insurance rates. Evidence correlates good credit with low claims, so the better you maintain your credit level, the less risk you are to your company.
- Most insurance companies will give you a discount on your car insurance if you also own a home. Some go even farther and give you discounts if you package your homeowners and auto insurance with them.
- If you're willing to shoulder more of the cost at claim time, consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles. This can easily cut 30% or more from your policy premium.
- Air bags, antilock brakes, traction control, and stability control all help lower the cost of insurance due to reducing the risk of injury in an accident.
- Speeding and other minor violations can impact your car insurance rates for up to three years. The increased cost can easily exceed the fine and court costs for the original ticket.
- When buying a new policy, you do not want a gap in coverage. This lapse is viewed by insurance companies as a high risk, and you will pay more for your next policy.
- If you car makes the top ten list of most stolen cars, you might be paying a little extra to insure it.
Step Three: Purchase a New Policy
Now that you hopefully have several rates to compare and have made any changes needed to your individual coverages, you can choose the best company to insure your Prius c with.
You can cancel a policy at any time, but just remember to make the effective date of the replacement policy the exact same as the date you cancel your old policy. You do not want any gaps in coverage between policies.
Coverage will extend from your current policy if you're buying a Toyota Prius c, but if you don't have a policy, you will need to make sure you have coverage in place before you drive it off the dealership lot. Most car insurance companies will extend coverage to newly purchased vehicles, but only up to the limits of the best insured vehicle. So if you only carry liability insurance and no physical damage coverage, your new purchase will be inadequately insured until you specifically add it to the policy with full coverage.
Upon completion of buying your policy, you need to print out the financial responsibility card that must be kept in your vehicle at all times. Replace any old cards and promptly replace expired cards. If you qualilfy as a high-risk driver after being convicted of a DUI, reckless driving or driving on a suspended license, you may be required to file an SR-22 with your state's DMV. Be sure your new car insurance company is aware of this filing requirement.
Additional Learning Resources
For more detailed car insurance topics, visit the Insurance Information Institute.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates