Slash your Volkswagen Eos Insurance Rates in Three Steps
If buying car insurance was fun, we'd do it as a recreational sport. But we always seem to pay too much for coverage and most people would rather go to the dentist. You probably feel the same way about finding lower cost coverage for your Volkswagen Eos.
Step One: Insurance Quotes
The antiquated method of shopping for car insurance included a high pressure visit to the office of your local insurance agent. Times have changed!
The first step to finding lower Volkswagen Eos rates is to get quotes from all the major car insurance companies. This is fast and easy and only requires you to complete one form.
To start, click the link below to begin entering your information. After you complete the form, you will receive comparison rates from different companies so you easily determine if you can save money.
Read this (it's important)! When doing any car insurance quote to compare rates to either your existing policy or to other quotes, it's important to use identical coverages on all quotes. Otherwise you will not be able to accurately determine which company has the lowest rate for your Eos.
Step Two: Techniques to Lower your Eos Insurance Rates
Once you have quotes in hand, you can then consider some of the other techniques for lowering your Eos insurance rates.
- You can save money on your physical damage coverage (comprehensive and collision) by increasing your deductibles. Higher deductibles mean you are willing to pay more before the insurance company covers a claim.
- Each year make a habit of checking your credit score. If you find problems that may be dragging down your credit rating, address them immediately. This will result in significant savings on car insurance.
- If you're a young driver, you will pay more to insure a Eos. There isn't anything you can do about your age, but rates will drop as you mature.
- Having recently completed a class in driver's safety could earn you a discount of 5% to 10%. Check with your insurance company to see if they offer that credit.
- Minor driving violations such as speeding tickets can cause your rates to go up. Too many violations in a short period of time will cause your policy to be non-renewed.
- It's very important that you allows keep coverage effective on your vehicles. Having even a one-day lapse in coverage can make your premiums jump higher.
- Most Volkswagen vehicles come with standard safety features such as air bags and passive restraints, and those will help keep your insurance costs down.
- Renters will find they may be paying more for insurance as compared to homeowners. Owning a home can often get you a small discount on your car insurance.
- Small claims that may only exceed your physical damage deductibles by a small amount are better off not being submitted to your company. Just pay the extra hundred dollars or two and keep a claim-free discount on your policy.
- With age comes cheaper rates! If you're a senior citizen, many car insurance companies will give you a discount. Also, if you belong to a professional organization, check to see if your company gives discounts to members.
- For some reason, car theives target particular makes and models more than others. If your Eos is on the list of the top stolen cars, you might want to install an extra theft deterrent system just to be safe.
Step Three: Select the Best Company for Your Needs
Car insurance is pretty easy to buy online, but you do need to be aware that it is a legally binding contract. You need to have funds available for a down payment as well as review your coverages for any insufficiencies.
It's easiest to cancel an old policy at the renewal date, but you can cancel it anytime. Just make sure you have the new policy effective the date you cancel your old policy in order to avoid any lapse in coverage.
If this is a new policy with only the Volkswagen on it, be sure to have coverage before leaving the dealership or car lot. If you're adding it to an existing policy, you have anywhere from 15 to 30 days depending on the company. Be sure to have a new policy ready to go if you are buying a new Eos. If you've never had car insurance or don't have a policy now, you won't have any protection on the vehicle until you add it to your policy.
Upon completion of buying your policy, you need to print out the financial responsibility card that must be kept in your vehicle at all times. Replace any old cards and promptly replace expired cards. An SR-22 filing may be required by your state's DMV if you've been convicted of a serious driving offense such as DUI, DWI or reckless driving. If this applies to you, make sure the car insurance company complies with the SR-22 requirement.
Car Insurance Resources
To read more about filing a claim, choosing replacement parts, rental car insurance and more, visit the Insurance Information Institute.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates