Cheaper Volkswagen Passat Insurance in Five Minutes or Less
If finding affordable car insurance was easy, most of us would take the time to do it. But most likely we pay more than we want to and don't really enjoy the buying process. Buying insurance on your Volkswagen Passat might leave you feeling the same way.
Step One: Shop Around
The old-fashioned method of shopping for car insurance included visiting several local insurance agents and being on the receiving end of a hard sell tactic. Now you can compare rates and buy a policy online!
The best car insurance companies offer online quoting for a Volkswagen Passat and it's very easy to compare different rates by only using one form.
To begin, click on the link below and complete the short form. It only takes a few minutes and it's helpful to have your current policy handy if you have one.
Quote Tip! When doing car insurance quotes for your Passat, make sure you use the exact same values for coverages and deductibles. If you use different limits, you will not be able to fairly compare rates between different companies.
Step Two: How to Lower your Passat Insurance Premium
After step one is complete, it's now time to analyze some of the other factors that can negatively impact car insurance rates for a Passat.
- Reduce your rates by buying a car that is not a hot model for car thieves. Certain makes and models are more tempting than others, and high-frequency stolen vehicles get charged a higher rate.
- If you belong to a professional organization, check to see if that can earn you a discount. If you're over the age of 55, check to see if they have a senior citizen discount as well.
- Safety features such as antilock brakes, traction control and air bag systems all help reduce the cost of car insurance by keeping the passengers safer.
- If your teen driver has completed a driver's education class in school, check to see if your insurance company offers any discounts for this.
- Filing too many claims with your company can end up either costing you more for insurance or having your policy cancelled. Insurance companies don't like paying any more than you do, but they have the option of whether to keep you as a policyholder or not.
- Having any gaps in coverage (known as a lapse) is bad in the eyes of any insurance company. Make sure you keep coverage in force at all times by synchronizing the expiration and effective dates of your policies.
- The easiest way to INCREASE your car insurance rates is to add a teenage driver to your policy. There aren't many ways to prevent a rate increase, but if you can rate them on an older vehicle, it can help.
- Homeowners often see a break on their car insurance rates because there is a correlation between owning a home and being a responsible driver.
- Minor driving violations such as speeding tickets can cause your rates to go up. Too many violations in a short period of time will cause your policy to be non-renewed.
- How's your credit score? If it's good you will pay a lower rate than your poor credit counterparts. Work on improving weak credit and you will eventually see your car insurance bill go down.
- Consider raising your comprehensive and collision deductibles if you carry full coverage. By accepting more risk yourself, your car insurance company will cut you a break on your physical damage premiums.
Step Three: Make an Informed Buying Decision
Choosing a new car insurance company is not easy. But hopefully you have a handful of quotes for your Passat that will give you a good idea of how much it will cost, as well as some idea of any coverage changes you may want to make.
On your new policy, double check that the effective date is the same as the date you are cancelling your old policy. This avoids any lapse in coverage which can cause an increase in your rates.
If the Volkswagen Passat is a new purchase and you already have car insurance, then you will have some coverage that extends to the vehicle. But if you let your old policy lapse or have never had coverage, you don't have any protection once you buy the vehicle. The coverage extended to an add-on vehicle is only as good as the coverage on existing vehicles, so if none of your current insured vehicles have full coverage, your new Passat won't have it either. So in that case, it's important to call your agent or company directly from the dealership and have them bind coverage immediately.
Once your new policy has been purchased, you are required to keep the proof-of-insurance card in your vehicle at all times. This is required by state law and you can receive a citation if you cannot provide it. If you are required to file an SR-22 with your state, your new insurance company will take care of that for you. If you cancel your coverage for any reason, you risk the loss of your driver's license.
Other Insurance Resources
To find out more information such as auto insurance myths, rental car insurance and how to file a claim, visit the Insurance Information Institute website.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates