How to Save Money on Insurance for your Volvo 740
If comparing car insurance was easy, most of us would do it more often. But most likely we pay more than we want to and don't really enjoy the buying process. Finding affordable insurance for your Volvo 740 is probably the same story.
Step One: Compare Multiple Rates
Up until just recently, the only option you had for shopping for insurance was getting a high pressure sales pitch in the office of your local insurance agent. Now that we have the internet, shopping for car insurance online is a snap!
The best car insurance companies offer online quoting for a Volvo 740 and it's very easy to compare different rates by only using one form.
Start a free rate quote comparison now by clicking the link below. Once you complete the short form, you'll be able to compare rates and then move on to our next section on how to lower rates even further.
Important! If you already have liability and physical damage coverage on your Volvo 740, it's important to keep the same limits and deductibles throughout the quote process. This allows you to fairly compare rates for many companies. If you use different limits and coverages for each quote, you won't be able to judge if the final rate is better or worse than other quotes.
Step Two: How to Lower your Volvo 740 Insurance Premium
After completing step one above, you can now learn some of the other ways to slash your Volvo 740 insurance costs.
- You can check your credit score for free once a year, and it's a good idea to address any problems you find. Better credit results in better insurance rates.
- Minor driving violations such as speeding tickets can cause your rates to go up. Too many violations in a short period of time will cause your policy to be non-renewed.
- Bundling your auto and home insurance with the same company can often get you a discount, and just being a homeowner in itself will get you a lower rate.
- Teenage drivers can be very expensive to insure on newer vehicles will full coverage. You may be better off purchasing an older vehicle for your teenager and only insure it for liability.
- Allowing your insurance to lapse for any length of time will increase the cost of a new policy. Always keep coverage in force.
- Filing small claims will get you into hot water with your insurance company. Frequent filers will often find themselves either paying higher rates or non-renewed at renewal time.
- The time it takes to complete a driver's safety training course could be time well spent. It could save you up to 10% off your car insurance rates.
- The advancement of car safety features such as traction control, stability control, front and side-impact air bags and all-wheel drive all help keep insurance costs down.
- If you belong to a professional organization, check to see if that can earn you a discount. If you're over the age of 55, check to see if they have a senior citizen discount as well.
- If you car makes the top ten list of most stolen cars, you might be paying a little extra to insure it.
- Consider using higher deductibles for physical damage coverages like comprehensive and collision. Higher deductibles save money since you're willing to pay more out-of-pocket at claim time.
Step Three: Finalize your Car Insurance Policy
Choosing a new car insurance company is not easy. But hopefully you have a handful of quotes for your Volvo 740 that will give you a good idea of how much it will cost, as well as some idea of any coverage changes you may want to make.
An important thing to keep in mind when buying a new policy is you want the effective date of the new policy to be the exact same as the date you are cancelling your old policy.
Coverage will extend from your current policy if you're buying a Volvo 740, but if you don't have a policy, you will need to make sure you have coverage in place before you drive it off the dealership lot. Anytime you buy a vehicle, you want to make sure coverage is in place before driving off the lot. If you have a policy now, you will have at least liability coverage. But if you don't insure any vehicles with full coverage, then you will put your new Volvo 740 at risk as soon as you drive away.
Once your new policy has been purchased, you are required to keep the proof-of-insurance card in your vehicle at all times. This is required by state law and you can receive a citation if you cannot provide it. SR-22 filings are for high risk drivers and ensure that you have met your state's financial responsibility requirements. If you have DUI, DWI or uninsured accident convictions, you may have to file an SR-22 with your state DMV.
For More Information
For more information on car insurance, please visit the Insurance Information Institute's auto insurance informational page.
Recent Blog Articles
- Insurance Rates Decline for Lincoln Mark VII Drivers
- Five Minute Guide to Lower Saturn SL Insurance on the Web
- Uncover the Best Insurance Rates on a Lexus IS 300
- Top 8 Ways to Save Money on Volvo V40 Insurance
- Isuzu Trooper II Drivers Find the Best Car Insurance Rates